31090051

I am separated from my wife for 3 years. I am on a joint mortgage

I am separated from my wife for 3 years. I am on a joint mortgage with her of which I pay the lions share and she currently resides in the marital home. I have been living in one of our jointly owned rental properties. My wife wants to put the rental property back up for rent , which I am quite happy with as I now work and reside in a small flat 100 mile away. I just want to know if I have the right to store my belongings in the marital home until the date of the marital home sale? I am not referring to furniture, just personal belongings such as books etc which could be stored in the loft. Do I have the right to enter and leave things there?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Yes you do as the property is in joint ownership.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.