31090051

frEdinburgh City council to costs of repair to shattered

frEdinburgh City council to refund costs of repair to shattered tooth caused by fall on badly uneven pavement...best method of achieving this?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

You have to establish that the defect was one which the council knew or ought to have known about and that there was at least an inch in unevenness.

You can ask the council for a claim form and submit it. If they reject your claim you should see a solicitor to proceed with the claim. Sometimes I feel they reject claims from the public directly in the hope that they will go away but they will take a claim intimated by a solicitor more seriously.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.