31090051

If you have standard bail conditions and have your name taken

Customer Question

If you have standard bail conditions and have your name taken by the police for an incident out side a night club that you were not involved in but there with the people that were.
The police call you in to help there questioning and say they have CCTV, but you know u didnt raise your hands to anyone. Is this breaking the bail conditions and can they put me in jail right away when I go to the police station?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Breaking the bail conditions is committing an offence whilst on bail. From your description you haven't committed an offence and the CCTV will show that so the police should have no grounds to arrest you and take you into custody. If they do have evidence of an offence then they can take you back to court for the new offence and for breaching the bail condition.

Happy to discuss further but from what you say you have nothing to worry about.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.