31090051

My partner is getting divorced and his wife has been refused

My partner is getting divorced and his wife has been refused legal aid. She has asked the board to reconsider her application for legal aid. How long will the reconsideration take for a decision to be made? Also can you ask then reconsider again if refused a second time?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

A review application would typically be processed in three or four weeks. If it's refused again and there are additional grounds for review the legal aid board may allow a second review but it would be more normal nowadays that they ask for a new application to be submitted.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.