31090051

My tennant has not paid rent for 5 months, how do I go about

My tennant has not paid rent for 5 months, how do I go about evicting her from the property kind regards XXXXX [email protected]
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

You have to serve a formal notice to quit to terminate the tenancy along with the statutory notice of proceedings. If she doesn't vacate you then have to raise proceedings for recovery of the property in the sheriff court.

If you haven't done this before you should use a solicitor. The procedures in housing actions can be a bit fiddly and if get it wrong the court can throw the case out and you could find that you have to start all over again.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.