31090051

Hi I have separated from my wife and want to settle out

I have separated from my wife and want to settle out of court.

I was staying in an apartment on my own for a while but recently moved in with my new partner.

On MondayI received an email from my wife with a photo attached of my new partner and her son.(taken in a hairdressers when she was getting her hair done for a wedding)

She said that it had come from an weird e-mail address and that things were hard enough without receiving this type of email.
I thought it was strange that she did not forward this e-mail so that I could see who sent it originally.
Checking our bank account this morning I found a strange payment had been taking out, when checking with the bank found it was my wifes card that had been used to make this transaction.
The transaction was to an web site called spokeo that lets you get information & photo's on other people.
This confirm my suspicion that my wife searched out this information.

Not what she hoped to achieve by sending this photo to me?
She knows that health wise I have been struggling with high blood pressure and currently on medication to bring it down so that I can pass an off-shore medical that I need for work.

My concern is that she starts to harass myself and new partner or has she already done this?

George
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The way to deal with this without involving a lawyer is to email your wife and say that you know this was not sent to her and that it was acquired by her and she should cease this immediately. If she doesn't you will see a solicitor and get a protection from harassment order.

Although you want to settle out of court her behaviour does not indicate that this would be uppermost on her mind.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.