31090051

Im 70, wheelchair-bound for the last 4 years. My wife is

I'm 70, wheelchair-bound for the last 4 years. My wife is 69 and a survivor of lymphoma. We have a 32-year-old son who still lives at home and who subjects us to extreme verbal abuse on a daily basis. We try to treat him kindly, but he seems to seek real or imagined pretexts for shouting at us. We try to limit the offensiveness of our responses but most often our only recourse is to walk (in my case, roll) away from him. It has reached the stage that I feel he should look for accommodation elsewhere but he demonstrates no inclination to go. Where can we get help?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Who owns the house?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is jointly owned by me and my wife. We have no mortgage.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The house is jointly owned between my wife and me. No mortgage.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
In that case your son has no right of tenure. He is not a tenant or a lodger. You can ask him to leave. If he doesn't you can remove his things and change the locks. You can get a court order based on his past behaviour stopping him from coming to the house.

Happy to discuss further.