31090051

I had a bespoke kitchen fitted in November. I am not happy

Customer Question

I had a bespoke kitchen fitted in November. I am not happy with the appearance. The drawers are of different depths, the grain goes in different directions and the jointing of the timber along the width of the drawers is splitting. I sent a recorded delivery letter to the maker ,along with a full list of my complaints and he came to see what I was complaining about. He responded but did NOT address ALL my complaints. It is now three weeks since I advised him I was not pleased. He received the recorded delivery letter on 3rd. March. and I have had no response to this.What do I do now? He is a sole trader and NOT a member of a trade body. I have spoken to Consumer Advice and it was they who advised about letters. I did give a time line on the first letter and the maker aggresively said."You and your 10days"
Margaret McCare
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

What is that you want the trader to do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is my position regarding either getting a refund OR getting another trader to redo the units and for the original one to pay.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
It depends whether the trader has breached his contract with you. If he hasn't done as you asked or if the work is not up to standard you can ask him to fix it. If he refuses you can get someone else to do so and claim the cost of doing so.