31090051

Dear Sirs, thank you for your email, I would like to pursue

Dear Sirs, thank you for your email, I would like to pursue the garage from whom I purchased the car for expenses required in order to make the car roadworthy. Unfortunately I am back working in France, it seems I need to approach a Small Claims Court closer to where I bought the car, this would mean returning to the U.K. making a claim via the Small Claims Court, say in Edinburgh then waiting for a hearing to be arranged this could mean a long wait in Edinburgh, at some considerable expense, is it possible for me to nominate someone to act on my behalf? Best regards, D.XXXXXX

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The action has to take place in the court nearest to where the defending party is. As long as you are using the small claim court you are allowed a representative but you would have to appear in court to give evidence at any full hearing.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Sir, thank you for your email, this was all the advice I needed, I hope there will not be a full hearing and the claim can be settled in the Small Claims Court.

Thank you for your informative reply, D. XXXXXX

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome. Don't forget to leave positive feedback on the system so that I am credited for my time.