31090051

Having a one hour video interview with a retired coal miner

Having a one hour video interview with a retired coal miner in which he mentions the name of a 13 year girl pushed off her bike and drowned by an unknown boy in the 1920s.

Also named a girl who committed suicide in the canal.

I intend to publish on you tube, please advise.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

What is your specific concern about this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My intention is to upload the 60 minute video with XXXXX XXXXX, retired miner of Mavis Valley, Bishopbriggs, in which he mentions 2 incidents, one 13 year old girl pushed into the canal and drowned and he gives her name. Another incident where a teenage girls commits suicide in the canal, also giving her name.

Without verification from another source are there any legal consequences for including these incidents and giving names in the public video. Thank you.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
The concern is that any of the allegations are untrue and that as a result someone is defamed as a result. From what you say he is naming people who are dead and is not mentioning any living person so there seems to be no difficulty from the information you have given me.