29905560

Do I have a case whereby my son-in-law requested on the birth

Customer Question

Do I have a case whereby my son-in-law requested on the birth of my daughter's baby, to resign 50% of my employment to care for her and he (just himself) would reimburse me. However a year later, on separation from my daughter, he has renaiged and will not pay anything more.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ali172 replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

How long was this arrangement agreed to last? Did he pay you for the first12 months?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes he paid me after my daughter took 3 months maternity leave and I then took over the baby's care. The agreement was to then help out when she joined nursery by collecting her at lunchtime for 5 afternoons per week on alternate weeks when my daughter had access and when my son-in-law had access I still collected her from nursery and he picked her up from my house after finishing work when there was never any eye contact or conversation on his part!?

Expert:  Ali172 replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately I have had to opt out as I am now very busy with other customers. Another expert will be along to assist you soon.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry that the earlier JA expert was incapable of assisting you. I am a solicitor in Scotland and will try to help you with this.

Can you tell me if your grandchild's father was actually employing you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure what is meant by 'employing me' (?) I was being paid monthly - hope that answers your question.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
What does he owe you if he was in fact paying you?