31090051

I ordered a combi boiler from home and heat

lordered a new com boiler from home and heat last august and paid a deposit of £200.00 I didnt hear any more for months but I wasnt too bothered as the boiler I have still works. The months were passing and i thought i would give them a phone i was told they werent sure if they were getting the eco funding and i would hear from them again so i let it go. I was fed up not knowing what was happening so i phoned again and told them not to bother just to cancel it and i would like my deposit back they said no problem i would get a cheque in the post . A week went by never heard so i phoned again got another excuse that the person who signs the cheques was having some personal problem but i would get the cheque as soon as it was signed. this has been going on for weeks and i still dont have my cheque. they have given excuse after excuse what can i do about it apart from lose my temper i feel they are making a fool of me. do i have a case?

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

You can raise a claim in the small claim court.

You can get the forms here:

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rules-and-practice/forms/sheriff-court-forms/small-claim-forms

Before doing so you should write demanding the money back and advising that you will take them to court if they don't pay you within 7 days.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.