31090051

my son is not with the mother of his child and is not on the

my son is not with the mother of his child and is not on the birth certificate although he has a DNA test to prove that he is the father, he also pays maintenance for the child. The mother is making it very difficult for him to have regular access to his son. Under Scottish law :-

can he get his name put on the birth certificate, if so how does he go about this ?
how does he go about getting regular access ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

He can only get his name put on the birth certificate with the mother's consent.

His correct remedy is to go to court and ask for a parental rights order and and order for contact to the child.

A parental rights order has the same legal effect as him being on the birth certificate and a contact order will force the mother to allow contact at specific times.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.