31090051

I live in Scotland and have just got a statutory demand. My

I live in Scotland and have just got a statutory demand. My house I stay in is owned but I am not on the deeds but I'm on the mortgage my mother is on the deeds. If I'm jaded bankrupt can they come after the house? Also do you no any company's that can sort this out for me..
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

If the house is not in your name then it can't be touched unless you transferred it to your mother on a gratuitous basis within five years of being made bankrupt.

It is suite unusual for you to be on the mortgage and not hold title. Are you simply a guarantor? Check this.

As far a getting someone to sort this out for you call the law Society of Scotland and they will put you onto someone in your area. See www.lawscot.org.uk for contact details.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.