31090051

I purchased a building plot nearly two years ago. My lawyer

I purchased a building plot nearly two years ago. My lawyer lost my title deeds, and until they are replaced I cannot register my plot. I cannot build on the plot until it is registered at the land registry. I now find that the original disposition had the area of my plot described as measuring 0.146 square meters instead of the correct 0.146 hectares. Does this mistake make the sale invalid? I would like to give back the plot and have my money returned.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

What do the missives say as regards XXXXX XXXXX bought? Your lawyer should be getting a replacement and corrected Disposition in your favour from the seller. It is nonsense that this has gone on for that length of time.

The faulty Disposition as regards XXXXX XXXXX of the plot does not allow you to withdraw and claim your money back. Your lawyer is responsible for the wrong description in the original disposition which I presume is the one which has been lost. Why can this Disposition not be corrected and replaced.

I suggest you change your lawyer.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a new lawyer. He seems reluctant to fight for me. The seller's lawyer is blocking every request we make , wasting time and being obstructive. The plan with the plot states the area as being 0.146 hectares. The surveyor I have engaged says the plan is on a poor scale, does not have the required accuracy within 0.1 of a meter, shows no fixed point and is therefore "floating", and the hectare measurement is slightly incorrect.