31090051

So I my brother was driving my car just this one time without

Customer Question

So I my brother was driving my car just this one time without insurance he got into accident .he drove into a parked car. Because he wasn't insured and I let him drive it s my fault and I got a bill for 20 400 to pay to as it was discharged from 3 party claim . Obviously don't have so much to pay? Is there anything I can do ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Did you know you're brother wasn't insured to drive the car?

What is the breakdown of the £20,400?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did let him drive this once. I shouldn't I know, he drove in a peaked car to avoid hitting a kid that run out on the street. police wasn't helpful though they saud its his fault and mine for letting him drive without insurance. there is no breakdown I called them to do so and they said they are investigating it again and they will call next week. That all I know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't really understand they send me just that that according to traffic act from 1988 they have to claim the money personally. they just send tje amount and that I have to send them a cheque or instalment proposal

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
In the first instance you should ask them for a breakdown of the money they seek. Your brother is also responsible here of course. Have they claimed against him? Do either of you have any assets?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No they just claimed against me. I have my car that's all. I told them I can pay 100 a month they said its reasonable but when I called them again they said they are invastigating it. I will ask for the breakdown. you right that is 20 000 pounds! Can I ask if this will ruin my credit score?

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
It won't affect your credit score unless they take you to court and get a decree for payment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They would take me to court if I refuse to pay? But if I will pay the instalment I will be fine? However I have to know why I am paying what am paying right?

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Yes , that is all correct.