31090051

I live in a complex of flats with parking for residents and

I live in a complex of flats with parking for residents and with allocated visitor spaces. Last night I parked one space too far along and parked in another residents space. I did not realise my mistake until late that night when I discovered they had parked directly behind me, thus making me move my car impossible. I was shut in. Can they do this? I don't know what flat they live in. My mother is seriously ill and I depend on my car to get to her. If this happens again can I call the police?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

They aren't entitled to obstruct you. They should have left their contact details so that you could get in touch.

The police do have power to remove a vehicle parked on private land in limited circumstances. Obstruction of another vehicle is one of those circumstances although I can tell you that the police are nonetheless reluctant to get involved in such matters. They consider it to be a civil matter.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.