31090051

I HAVE ORDERED A CARPET FROM bEHAR HILLINGTON ON 1 FEB AND

I HAVE ORDERED A CARPET FROM bEHAR HILLINGTON ON 1 FEB AND PAID 50% DEPOSIT
iWAS ORIGIONALLY OFFERED 2 WEEKS DELIVERY WHICH STRETCHED TO 5 THEN 7 AND HAVE NOW BEEN TOLD CARPET IS DISCONTINUED .
WHEN I ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK I WAS TOLD NO REFUNDS AND I WOULD HAVE TO ORDER ANOTHER FROM SAME STORE
.SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN OFFERED THE SAME CARPET AS THE ONE ORDERED FROM ANOTHER INDEPENDANT RETAILER WHO IS ABLE TO SOURCE IT FROM THE SAME MANUFACTURER AS BEHAR
CAN I GET MY MONEY REFUNDED
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.

Behar is in breach of contract. Of course you are entitled to a refund and they are lying to you that they can't give you a refund. They are in breach of the a Sale of Goods Act 1979.

They can't provide the goods. If they continue to act like this report them to trading standards and raise a claim in th small claim court.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

COULD YOU DRFT ME A LETTER TO THE STORE SO THAT I MAY CANCEL MY ORDER AND RECLAIM MY DEPOSIT £476.00

i FEEL THAT IF I APPROACH THEM AGAIN THEY WILL IGNORE ME,

AND ATTEMPT TO HOLD ME TO CHOOSING ANOTHER.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I ASKED jgm another question re same topic and did not get an answer
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Name
Address
Date

Dear Sirs

On (date) I ordered a carpet from you and paid a deposit of £476.

I was told that the carpet would take two weeks. Seven weeks later I was told that the carpet has been discontinued and that you can't deliver it.

I have asked you for a refund of my deposit. You have refused to pay a refund saying I have to choose a different carpet from you.

I have taken legal advice and have been told that this is against the law. Specifically you are in breach of the Sale of Goods Act 1979. You are also in breach of the law of contract. In my opinion you are also in breach of the criminal law, having deprived me of my money and having said you will not return it.

You have seven days to do so.

If you don't:

1. I will report you to trading standards.

2. I will sue you in the sheriff court.

3. I will report you to the police.

Please, therefore, let me hear from you within seven days.

Yours faithfully
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.