31090051

Hi, I had a house (family home) which was written in my

I had a house (family home) which was written in my ex name.

all expenses such services and insurance cost picked up by myself.

Going through my papers, I find that we are both have building Insurances cover for the same building with different insurers.

As such I intend cancelling my policy. Am I entitled for any refund on my contributions.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

If you have paid the full insurance premium for the year and intend cancelling before the year end you will get a refund of premium. However, just because you were double insured does not mean the insurance company has to refund you for past premiums. It is not their fault that you were double insured.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.