29905560

I am needing advice interpreting UK Drug Laws with regards

Customer Question

I am needing advice interpreting UK Drug Laws with regards XXXXX XXXXX and Androgenic Steroids for personal consumption.

I have found the relevant legislation but am not sure I am understanding it correctly.

So far I have found:

A.A.S are a Class C Schedule 4 drug:

"Schedule 4 is divided in two parts. Part 1- benzodiazepines (examples include bromazepam, diazepam (‘Valium’) and triazolam) and Part 2 anabolic and androgenic steroids (examples include prasterone, testosterone, nandrolone and bolandiol), which is subject to lighter regulation with no possession offence."

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/reducing-drugs-misuse-and-dependence/supporting-pages/classifying-and-controlling-drugs

"PART II
CONTROLLED DRUGS EXCEPTED FROM THE PROHIBITION ON POSSESSION WHEN IN THE FORM OF A MEDICINAL PRODUCT; EXCLUDED FROM THE APPLICATION OF OFFENCES ARISING FROM THE PROHIBITION ON IMPORTATION AND EXPORTATION WHEN IMPORTED OR EXPORTED IN THE FORM OF A MEDICINAL PRODUCT BY ANY PERSON FOR ADMINISTRATION TO HIMSELF; AND SUBJECT TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF REGULATIONS 22, 23, 26 AND 27"

Source: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/3998/schedule/4/made

I have tried my best to interpret the laws. The way I read and understand them is I am allowed a small amount for my own personal consumption.

I would rather not make any mistakes with this, which is why I am seeking legal advice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know if I am breaking any laws taking steroids

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Just to let you know, I've noticed that you are in Scotland so I will move this for you to Scots law.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I am in Scotland.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is my interpretation of the law correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've cancelled.

Please don't respond.