31090051

I would like to ask you for advice on legal matters. I am the

I would like to ask you for advice on legal matters. I am the owner of one of the flats in a block, that I bought as an First Time Buyer. I am obliged to pay for Property maintenance and Management Fee service. The service is clearly not carried out in an appropriate way and I have received no response to my written complaints about the quality of service .Two weeks time I ask my factor to send me a copy of the break down Factoring common stairs electricity charges include company supplier for last two years or produce the bills for that service. I don't have any response yet .What should I do and what steps should I undertake to successfully accomplish or go over with charges if they not reply me on inquiry with the process?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The factor has to carry out the maintenance works in a proper and workmanlike manner. They also have to account to the residents. Remember always that a factor is an agent for those that he represents. You are entitled to query the level of charges and the quality of work carried out as commen repairs.

Arguments about this are normally arbitrated under procedures laid down by the title deeds and you should check there what provisions there are for disputes and replacements of the factors.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for handy Information I appreciate that. I have one more question if for example my inquiry from Property Management will stay without response. Did I Have a solid background to refuse or witheld the payment to them. As far as I aware they have legal right to take me to the court ,but I can prove pure service and lake of comunication to support my chalange.(I only ask you Personality indeed )with this matter and I would say Thank you for your time and supply me with all Information.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You could withhold the payment and if the factor takes you to court you can counterclaim with a demand for an accounting.