31090051

My son was charged with sectarian offence almost 3years ago.

My son was charged with sectarian offence almost 3years ago. He pled guilty and was fined. He has applied for a job which he disclosed at the interview stage. He was offered a job, given a start date so handed in his notice 2months ago and wasn't getting started until the disclosure came through. He received a copy "for his records" and was told by the agency he was unlikely to get the job. How long until this offence is spent? He is now without a job, has a mortgage etc and no income.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

A conviction involving a fine is spent after a year for someone over the age of 18 at the date of conviction and six months for someone under 18 at the date of conviction.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.