31090051

I am the owner of the marital home and Im separated from my

Customer Question

I am the owner of the marital home and I'm separated from my wife.
My wife stays there with our son and has a string men visiting the house. I pay the mortgage and utility bills. Can I stop her having men visit my house?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

In terms of ownership, no, you can't because your wife has a right to occupy the house by virtue of being your spouse. You can't dictate to he who she can't have to the house.

However, if you think your wife's behaviour isn't in the best interests of your son you can apply to the court for a specific issue order whereby the court could order your wife not to entertain a string of male friends whilst your son is at the house.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.