31090051

Have been charged with assault. Never been in trouble before,

Have been charged with assault. Never been in trouble before, not sure what to do next?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

As you have presumably been charged and released, a report will be sent from the police to the procurator fiscal who will decide what to do with the case. The options are:

1. No prosecution with or without a warning.

2. A fixed penalty fine.

3. A summons to court.

You might be lucky in respect you have no criminal record so they may decide to issue a warning. It depends on the circumstances. However, if you do receive a summons to court, at that stage you should see a solicitor.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.