31090051

I was served with the intention to raise a CCJ against me for

Customer Question

I was served with the intention to raise a CCJ against me for a disputed uppaid bill. I decided not to defend and expected the CCJ to be served on me and to then have a month in order to arrange payment so that the CCJ would be wiped from my record. Yesterday I recieved a letter from registry trust limited informing me that the CCJ had been raised on the 7th April. I have had no notice of this at all. Is it true for the CCJ to be legal it needs to of been served on me? Im assumning that its the court clerk I will need to contact to find out why this wasnt served on me?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

If you received a court writ and didn't defend it the pursuer can take decree in absence which would go on your record as a CCJ. No other notification has to be given to you.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If the decree was passed on the 7th April and I have a calendar month, does that mean I have until end of business 6th May or 7th May to pay in full so that the CCJ doesnt appear on my credit history?

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
"Within a month" means it would be 6th May.