31090051

I am a mother to a 7 year old girl and her father has only

Customer Question

I am a mother to a 7 year old girl and her father has only every saw her twice. first time she was 2 weeks of age and the second was 5 weeks of age. Since this the father moved onto another woman got her pregnant and had a further 2 children. In total he has 5 children to 4 different men. There ages are as follow.
Boy age 13, boy age 9, girl age 7, sirl age 5, boy age 1.
Boy of 13 has no contact, boy of 9 got adopted by mothers boyfriend, girl 7 (my daughter) no contact. Girl5 & Boy 1 lives with father and mother.
Father has agreed to sign over rights can you tell me what I need to do for this

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

What do you mean by "signing over his rights"? He has parental rights as a matter of law and these can only be taken away by the courts. If he has never exercised his parental rights then it is unlikely that this would become an issue until and unless he tries to do so.

Happy to discuss further.