31090051

Hi Me again! LOL My partners wife has just announced that

Customer Question

Me again! LOL
My partner's wife has just announced that she is changing solicitor. The date for the options hearing is 23 May and all adjustments etc must be in place by 9th May. This means that his wife has less than a week to process all this with a new solicitor. Would a solicitor take this on at such short notice? And if so could the proceedings be postponed by her in order to inform her new representation? So far we have heard nothing from her previous lawyer (who thought she was still representing her up until Thursday of this week) in regards XXXXX XXXXX her pleadings are. Is my partner supposed to be notified by the 9th May what his wife intends to ask for as a settlement? If so, then how can all this be done in such a short time with a new solicitor.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The proceedings will undoubtedly be postponed if there is a change of lawyer. The old lawyer will write to the court to tell the court he is withdrawing. The court will fix a diet three or four weeks hence for the new lawyer to appear and intimate that he is acting and the case will proceed from there.

The options hearing is likely to be discharged in the meantime.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry! I raised my reply as a new question by mistake. Here it is....

Thanks for the info. The sheriff has already lifted a sist she had in place for her review of the board's refusal to give her legal aid as he felt enough time had been wasted. She has been continually time wasting. Can the sheriff anyone else raise an issue with this time wasting tactics?

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
I answered under the new question as it appeared first.