31090051

The adjustment for the Options hearing of my partners

The adjustment period for the Options hearing of my partner's divorce, ends this week on the 9th. My partner is now unhappy with the manner in which his solicitor has (or more to the point- not) been dealing with him. If he was to change solicitors after the adjustment period what would the ramifications be? Or indeed, can he change his solicitor after the adjustment period?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

He can change solicitor at any time in the proceedings. The ramifications of doing so at this stage would be that of delay. It would take a number of weeks for files to be transferred and for the new solicitor to become acquainted with the case.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.