31090051

Social work wants to take my out of control daughter into care.

Social work wants to take my out of control daughter into care. It is impacting on my younger daughter. They are creating more problems than they solve.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

What do you want to happen?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I want them to support us and us work with them. Just come from a very hostile meeting where I expressed my aversion to respite care but ongoing support from mental health workers. They are concerned about crisis events when she literally freaks out. I feel respite would make her feel more isolated. They also went to question my younger daughter without my permission. They accept the younger one is not at risk from us and commend our parenting. When I mentioned legal advice they were critical and said that was not helpful to the process. I suppose I want to know what they can and cannot do. Thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
What age is your daughter and what is the nature of her problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She is 14 and self harms. When we impose a sanction such as grounding or removal of phone she becomes very aggressive and can be violent. This can go on for days. She will also self harm and show us. Then refuses treatment. As a result my 9 year old has been exposed to all of it despite our trying for that not to happen. Thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
The problem is that the SW may take the view that if she is danger or a danger to your other child they may have no option but to take her into care. However, would that actually help her do you think? What can be offered in care that you can't offer her at home?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think it will be on the basis that it is respite. Once they are satisfied my other daughter is okay can I ask them to leave her alone unless anything new happens? That's really what I need to know. You have been very helpful. Thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Yes, you can. I suspect that is one of their main concerns, the welfare of your other daughter.