31090051

hello 4 weeks today on 10th april I was pushed to the ground

hello 4 weeks today on 10th april I was pushed to the ground outside a supermarket by a man being chased for shop lifting I landed on my back & cracked my head the staff treated me until the ambulance & police arrived I was kept in over night in hospital as it was a head injury the first week home I lay in bed day & night and just slept the doctor attended me twice & the police came & took a statement. Since the first week I spend up to 12noon in bed as I am so dizzie & the headaches are worse in the morning I thought by this time I my have been more or less back to normal. The man involved was out on remand he is seemingly a drug user. I would like to know if it is worth persuing it I hate to think I will be confined to the house.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

It's unlikely that the offender will have any money. You should apply to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority for an award of compensation.

You can call them for a form on 0300(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.