31090051

I have been advised that Japanese Knotweed is growing at the

I have been advised that Japanese Knotweed is growing at the bottom of my Mother's garden, which has come from the local paddling pond and pathways owned by the local Council. The Knotweed is growing on the Council land and has permeated my mother's garden from there. Can you kindly advise if the Council are responsible for eradicating this infestation at their expense as my mother is a pensioner and, without the funds to pay for this action to be undertaken?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Yes, there is a valid claim against the council as they have caused a nuisance and your mother is entitled to ask them to alleviate the nuisance.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.