31090051

My partners wife was originally denied legal aid but asked

My partner's wife was originally denied legal aid but asked for we application to be reviewed. We have now been notified that they have decided to grant her legal aid. Our solicitor said that it would be highly unlikely that her request for a review would result in legal aid being granted.
Can we find out what changed the board's mind? Can we access that info from the legal aid board or another agency?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

No you can't and you shouldn't. Legal aid is hard enough to get nowadays and it would be unwise to query a decision to grant it. Presumably the additional information submitted with the review application was sufficient to satisfy the test that it must be reasonable to grant legal aid.

Do not open this up again by asking questions. Just accept the grant and make use of it.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.