31090051

hi my wife left the house saying could not live with me anymore

hi
my wife left the house saying could not live with me anymore but we live in a councel house and it is my pension credit that get's the housing benefit but the house is in her name and now she want's me to move out
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

You have occupancy rights in the house even if the tenancy isn't in your name. You could apply to the court for a transfer of the tenancy. At the moment however if you don't want to move out then she can't make you unless she says that you have been violent towards her or similar.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions I can help you with and I will be happy to help.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.