31090051

Landlocked land

I will be using a solicitor to approach neighbours to a piece of landlocked land regarding sale of some land that would enable access or granting of a servitude.

I have not yet bought the landlocked land.

How long should I expect these negotiations to take and how much is it likely to cost for such services?

I have emailed land register of scotland to find out who the neighboring landowners are, like it says to do on their website.

It is impossible to say how long a negotiation could take. They might agree immediately or they might want to take advice from a Valuer as might you.

As far as costs are concerned, typically a solicitor will not quote a fixed fee for this sort of work and will charge on a time basis, usually between £150 and £250 per hour depending on the firm. Based on past cases I have dealt with like this you should budget £1750 plus VAT but that could be wildly out depending on what happens in your case.

Hoppy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.