31090051

me and my brother were both left a house by my mum, in the

me and my brother were both left a house by my mum, in the future he would like to buy me out which is fine but what would happen if he cant buy me out and will not sell the house this would come under scots law
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Were this to be the case you would be able to go to the court and ask for an order to sell the property. Your brother would have no defence to the action as the law is that, apart from certain situations under family law, no one is bound to own a house with someone they don't want to own it with. If the owners can't agree what is to happen to the house then the court will simply order it to be sold.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.