31090051

How lomg does it take to get a decision re exhmation.? Can

How lomg does it take to get a decision re exhmation.? Can I halt any further burials in lair until my husband is exhumed
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

It can take up to six months. No, you couldn't automatically stop any further burials but the local authority may be inclined not to allow this if they are aware of the application for exhumation, which they would be. You could ask for an interim interdict from the sheriff but whether this is granted would depend on whether the application for exhumation is likely to be granted. It is more likely that the application would be expedited, assuming it had by that stage been lodged with the court.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.