31090051

my son has 2 girls and is separated from his girlfriend ,she

my son has 2 girls and is separated from his girlfriend ,she is asking for money for their upkeep but is unwilling to let my son see his 2 girls unless she is present.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

He is bound to pay maintenance whether he sees the children or not. However, a father is entitled to contact with his children unless there are good reasons why it would not be in the interests of the children. Unless the children are very young or there is another good reason there is no reason why she should dictate that she has to be present.

So whilst you can't barter money with contact, if she is being unreasonable he should be going to the court for a contact order to the children.

The maintenance is worked out as a percentage of his earnings and also having regard to how many nights a week he keeps the children. The more nights he has them, the less maintenance he would pay.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.