31090051

Hi, I was wondering if you could please help me, I was charged

I was wondering if you could please help me, I was charged with assault,
but I was admonished could you please tell me if I need to say on my NHS application form.
as I have an Interview this Friday for Auxiliary nurse... I ticked no in the box saying do you have any criminal convictions, but it comes up on my Disclosure, Saying Assault then Admonished, as I was in a violent relationship, and hit the person back...

Kind Regards
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

An admonition is the disposal following a conviction so it should be disclosed unless the conviction is spent under the rehabilitation of offenders legislation and you are exempt from disclosing spent convictions for this particular job.

Does the application form say anything about the a Rehabilitation Of Offenders Act?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It Reads

NHS Scotland is exempt from the 1974 Rehabilitations of offenders Act (Exclusions & Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2003. This means that unless stated in the job description, person specification or application pack, you must tell us about any previous convictions either classed as 'spent' or 'unspent'. If you are offered employment, any failure to disclose such convictions could result in dismissal or disciplinary action. Ant information you give will be considered only in relation to the post for which this application form refers. Information will be verified by Disclosure Scotland for relevant posts. So does it mean I can tell them at the interview... I have always put it on my Application but never this time...

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You have to tell them. Presumably if it asks on the form you have to put it on the form.

Happy to discuss further but that is your answer, I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for letting me know.... As this helps a lot, now that I finally know the answer,,