31090051

me nad my wife bought a house on mortgage with the help of

me nad my wife bought a house on mortgage with the help of the scotland, as that is the place we are living. we are in separation at the minute being and i want to sell the house but my wife will not agree. is there any possible way that i can make her sell the house (by law) or how can I get rid of morgage so that she payes it her self? or can i not do that ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the way you have to do this is to ask the court to make an order for the sale of the house. If your wife then asks to keep the house it will be for her to apply to the lender to take on the house in her own name.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.