31090051

My ex partner has threatened to pick up our son from nursery

My ex partner has threatened to pick up our son from nursery without my permission . Can he? he is named on the birth certificate
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

He has parental rights, but is not allowed to remove the child from your care as you are the parent with care and the nursery will respect that. You should tell the nursery that under no circumstances is your son to be removed by your ex partner and that he doesn't have your authority to do so.

Also get your solicitor to write a letter threatening court proceedings in the event that he doesn't withdraw this threat in writing.

If he doesn't then you would be justified in withdrawing what contact he has and letting him go to court where the court will grant a suitable order either withdrawing his parental rights or restricting contact.

Note that parental rights can be withdrawn by a court if they are being abused.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.