31090051

Who owns the vacant land at Caledonian road Glengarnock KA14

Who owns the vacant land at Caledonian road Glengarnock KA14 3DA
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.

According to the Land Register the ground to the north of Caledonian Road at Railbank is owned by David and James McLellan ofXXXXX Glengarnock.

1-11 Glengarnock Workshops are owned by Gareth Wilson and GBP Investments both of East Balgray House, Irvine and also by James Griffith of 19 Grahamsfield Place, Beith.

There are no other entries on the Land Register for the postcode you give.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Much of the land is owned by J&DPierce(Contracts ) Ltd, you have not mentioned this. The piece of land I am inquiring about is to the West side of the large circle that is Caledonian rd.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
There is no record of that on the Land Register. The other titles must be held on older Sasine titles. They are not easily available on the normal databases available to solicitors. You should contact Millar & Bryce, contact details online, and they will be able to do a search for you provided you can give them a plan of the area you are interested in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but the owners you refer to all purchased their land in or around the same time as J&D Pierce so there is definitely a record , if you bring up the post code map on line you will see Wilsons is not vacant land but an industrial estate, you will also see the piece of land I refer to inside the circle at the west side, can you have a look again it is quite important, this is the correct post code.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
When do you think they purchased roughly? I have done a Land Register search for any properties owned by J & D Pierce (Contracts) Limited company number SC174690 and the search is negative.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All of the plots would be purchased between 1996 and 2007 they were all part of the Glengarnock Stelegworks which was taken over by the then Scottish Development Agency. The RDL and the Rail Bank would the most recently acquired by the Mclelland brothers all within the circle of Caledonian Rd the piece of land I am interested in is between the rail bank land and the Caledonian Rd.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Ayrshire joined the Land Register on 1 April 1997 so it is just possible that Pierce is still on the Sasine Register.

If the land that you are interested in is not owned by any of the parties we've mentioned, then it is possible that title to it may be in the name of th SDA and would, therefore, be held by the successor to that agency which after 30 Kuly 1994 was Scottish Enterprise. You could either contact Scottish Enterprise or as suggested earlier ask Millar & Bryce to do a search from a plan of the area with the specific piece of land outlined.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.