31090051

Can my employer actually withhold payment of my expenses (return

Can my employer actually withhold payment of my expenses (return of my cash that I was required to pay during work & travel expenses). They recently intorduced a 60 day rule and have refused to pay out if the expense is submitted beyond the 60th day. Is with holding the return of employees expenses in breach on any laws - if so which ones?
Also if the process of retuning expenses is slow and results inthe empolyee being charged interest or bank charges - can the employee use the small claims court to recover the chrgesor even the expenses?

Employer = public service based in Scotland
Thanks, Janet
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

That can't introduce a rule which is effectively a change of your contractual conditions unless you agree to it. This is a breach of your contract of employment rather than any specific law.

Yes, you could sue in the small claim court for recovery of unpaid expenses.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'd just like to say thank you properly - Armed with this knowledge I challenged them and - guess what? Expenses will be paid in the next paycheck...

I shall spread the word.

Thank you very much,

janet

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome. I'm glad you got this sorted. Thank you or using JustAnswer.