31090051

I am a scottish hairdresser and had an unhappy customer. I

Customer Question

I am a scottish hairdresser and had an unhappy customer. I offered him as a gesture of goodwill free haircuts for a year. he accepted this and came in for haircuts totalling £100 and was very happy. We have now received a lawyers letter from a no win no fee lawyer saying he is taking us to court for a financial settlement. In Scottish law I thought that if you agreed something like this then it was a legal agreement?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

You made a verbal offer an he accepted it and then he came in for the haircuts. So you have a verbal agreement. Write back to the no win no fee lawyer and say you are denying the claim for that reason.

He has a contract with you and can't change it now.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.