31090051

can i make a claim against a lawyer

Customer Question

can i make a claim against a lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.

Yes you can if there has been negligence or a bad service provided.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Basically I don't have any savings only thing in my name is a joint mortgage with my wife I am worried I am going to be made to sell my house we have2 kids my criminal lawyer at the time refused me to speak with tradex the taxi company insurance they have paid out to the victim who I knocked down and know tradex are looking to reclaim from me what do you suggest I do I am looking for some help to claim against the lawyer I had

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What is it that the lawyer has done wrong?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Gave me bad advice especially because he refused me to speak to tradex meaning they say i was supposed to it was being indemnity bad job at court led me to go to jail I wish I could also forward letters from lawyer and tradex

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You can scan and email the documents to [email protected] and ask that they send them on to JGM and I can look at them for you. You should also narrate the whole story as I'm not certain what all this is about yet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was involved in a rta where I knocked someone I was a taxi driver the person was actually in my cab sometime before I picked him up took him to address he got out went to a flat came back towards cab but went past and ran away I caught up with him to confront him but he went to attack me I got away tried to drive off he ran in front of cabi knocked him down but due to the circumstances I panicked I failed to stop the worst mistake of my life police charged me with attempted murder it was reduced to dangerous driving I was never driving dangerously I was within the speed limit and cab was facing opposite way when I made contact accouto the police forenciscs due to criminal court case tradex wanted to speak to me but my lawyer refused this is why my lawyer has given me bad advice

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I'll look out for the paperwork coming thru to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there a good lawyer you could recommend to help me

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
There are many. You should contact the Law Society at www.lawscot.org.uk for a recommendation. Experts on this site aren't allowed to recommend specific lawyers.