31090051

My ex partner is in jail for embezzlement and his current partner

My ex partner is in jail for embezzlement and his current partner has threatened they are planning to take my 2 yr old son away from me possibly abroad. We were never married but did register my son together.we live in scotland.can I seek custody or is there any legal steps I can take to protect myself and my son.none of his family have been in contact since my ex was jailed to see my son and my ex has not made any contact either

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

See a solicitor immediately with a view to seeking a residence order for your son and an interim interdict preventing his removal from your care.

This sounds like an empty threat but you should take steps to protect you and your child by getting the right court orders. Also tell the police about the threat and ensure they keep the report on file.

It is an offence to take a child out of the UK without the consent of the parent.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.