When two carers work together, one (a) of whom has been with

Customer Question

When two carers work together, one (a) of whom has been with the client for six years, the (b) other for two years. Carer (b) wants carer (a) out the clients house so that carer (b) can become main carer. This was achieved by telephoning family of the client, not the company, and accusing carer (a) of in poor care. How would you look at this?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.

How would I look at this from what point of view?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been a carer in a particular client for six years, in fact I was in there to have stability and continunity of care of the lady in question. I new carer started two years ago, and has been trying to push me out of the way ever since, she does this when she works with other carers in this package. She also arrives before the other carers and gets extremly upset and irratable if she is not in first,to the point where she has admitted she has left a vulnerable client in a potentionally dangerous position, ie someone who has Parkin's standing at the top of the stair needing help into her chair lift, and then having to transfer her self to her chair in the lounge. This client has very poor mobility and can fall on a daily basis.

In the client where I haver worked for six years, there was a ruling brought in recently that carers were not to do any shopping for the client. I have to admit I did some,as I usually took her lunch in Saturday and Sunday lunch time. The other carer I hve found out has been telephoning the family and reporting this on a regulas basis, and as a result I have been removed from the package.

When I had the meeting with my employers on Tuesday, there were other things said that were comletely untrue. I just need you advise on this please.

many thanks

Maureen Kerr

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Was this an investigation hearing or a disciplinary hearing? Has the employer carried out an investigation?

Have you made a grievance against the other employee?

Are you still at work or have they suspended you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

(1) The meeting was called as a result of the family of the client tasking for the meeting. The family told my employer that they would have to restructure the care package and asked for specific indivisual to me removed, I was one of them, or they would change care providers.

(2) Should I take out a grievance against the other carer?

I have not been suspended. I have my usual work commits, except this particular client.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Your correct course of action is to instigate a grievance. That's why I wondered if you had been suspended. As you haven't, you follow the grievance procedures.