31090051

I am looking for some advice for my daughter who is 35 years

I am looking for some advice for my daughter who is 35 years old. She was sexually abused by a family member at the age of 13. The family membersmother, sister,sisters partner were all in the house when this happened. I involved the police and it came that their were more children which he had done this too one being my son who is now 37. The sister gives my family grief and the latest has happened about 3 weeks ago where my daughter who is a clinical support worker in wishaw general had her drawing looks and other things happened.
the nurses who my daughter was on her break with spoke about the member action my daughter said it was her she was getting at but not going into detail as she wants to forget that part of her life but is not getting aloud to do so. When her partner came to pick her up after her work was finished he spoke to this person asking for her to leave my daughter alone words were exchanged when my daughters partner told her they would go to the police. It has came to light that the police have been at my daughters work place looking for her and her partner as the other person went straight to the police and gave some story. My daughter asked the police man what she can do in these incidents and was told nothing as long as she does not approch her this one knows what she is doing and knows the system as the police have been at her door for her family on occassions. This is really affecting my health as I thought I was doing right by going to police but it seems to be that the victims and their family are the ones suffering . Please help this has been going on for about 20 years.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.

Is it the case that the police have asked for this because of what the partner said to someone?

Please explain your situation a little more.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

every time this person sees my daughter she embarresses her my daughter doesnt want everybody to know this as this should be left to die a death.this person went a witness for her brother when it was took to court. His mother went witness for prosecution but his sister wont let it lie and when she has and audience tries to bait my daughter. this is just a new job my daughter has started and was totally embarressed when this happened in front of her collegues who started to ask questions. She doesnt want to involve other people.I am sick of it as I was on holiday and got the phone call with my daughter in a state surely something can be done.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes she may have certain remedies but can you answer my question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but he is now involved because 1. he is going with my daughter 2. the other person if she cant bait my daughter she is baiting her boyfriend who doesnt know her from Adam as the saying goes.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. What remedy is your daughter seeking? In other words what does she want to achieve.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

for this person to leave her alone and not embarress her when she sees her. this person has done this to me and other members of my imediate family when she sees us. on one occassion i was with a work mate who new what had happened to my family but it is embarrising to people if they dont know the situation and getting made a spectlcle off. I feel I have let my family down by going to police as ur told this is the correct thing to do but my daughter has told the police she has no faith in them. She is making my daughter life a misery . I would just like some advice as what u would do if u were in my daughters shoes

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Has she considered an interdict and a protection from harassment order?
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think this is the road she will have to go down would like to thank you for ur time. I will be informing my daughter to go and see a lawyer and get this on board so my family no needs to suffer this.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
That would be my advice certainly.