31090051

Will my father died he left a will with my big amount of money

Customer Question

Will my father died he left a will with my big amount of money in it my brother took the lot and told me there was any will but ive found out there was and he took the lot my father said that i was to get money even though my name isnt on the will do i have a right to claim thank
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Even if you weren't mentioned in the will you still have a claim on the estate. If your brother and you are the only children and there is no surviving wife your claim is for one quarter of moveable estate, ie, everything except land and buildings.

Your claim is made to the executor of the estate or against your brother as he has taken the estate.

You will need your own lawyer to help you with this but I am happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.