Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

(scotland) Hi, Im looking at buying a house for £35000 and

(scotland) Hi, I'm looking at buying a house for £35000 and just got sent the home report which says £25000. can i demand the lower figure?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.

Alex Hughes :

You can certainly offer a reduced sum based on the report that you've received but the seller is not onliged to accept it. The seller has the right to sell at any price they wish.

Alex Hughes :

The report you've obtained has no force to bind the seller to a lower price but you can certainly use the report in your negotiations.