29905560

I have seven endowments with the Co-op that I started between

Customer Question

I have seven endowments with the Co-op that I started between Nov 83 and 1995. I froze them because of a difference withe the Co-op and I wish to surrender them now b ut the Co-op have surrendered them, in short have they given my money away?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

I will try to help you with this although I will need further information. It is very unlikely that the coop would have surrendered these policies themselves. It is more likely that the policies would simply have lapsed when you stopped paying the premiums.

Because we are nearly 20 years on, it may be that the lapsed policies have no value. In order to help me help you can you tell me precisely what the co-op have said to you? You should, if possible, scan and email any letters you have received from the co-op to [email protected] so that I can examine these.